Jul 25 2017
Here in the West Midlands we have watched as our policing budget
has been slashed by central government to the tune of £145 million
over the last 7 years. It means we've lost nearly 2000 officers.
Many, including me, say enough is enough.
Jul 20 2017
The West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner is rolling out a
new 30 week programme for domestic violence perpetrators designed
to change their behaviour and reduce the number of victims.
Jul 20 2017
Today's statistics show crime is increasing
nationally and regionally. Whilst the West Midlands Police
Force area has seen total recorded crime rise by 11%, elsewhere in
the region; Warwickshire's total recorded crime jumped by 19% in
the last year, Staffordshire by 14% and West Mercia by 11%.
Jul 18 2017
Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson has responded to
the government's new proposed measures on knife crime.
More News Stories
The Police and Crime
Commissioner must ensure an efficient and effective police
force in our area.
They set the priorities for the Force, decide the budget, and
hold the Chief Constable to account.
In order to fulfil these roles, the PCC has a range of powers
and responsibilities, including:
- The production of a Police and Crime Plan
- Setting the policing precept
- The appointment and, if necessary, the dismissal the Chief
- Can make Crime and Disorder Reduction Grants
- Oversight in how complaints against the police are managed
- Duties relating to national criminal threats, safeguarding of
children, and consulting the public
- Roles in ensuring the effectiveness of the wider criminal