May 24 2017
Last night the national security state was raised to critical.
This means that not only does an attack remain highly likely but a
further attack may be imminent.
May 23 2017
PCC statement following the attack in Manchester.
May 18 2017
A Victims Fund bringing benefits to victims of crime is
being re-opened by West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner
May 17 2017
A campaign to raise funds for a national police memorial has
been launched in Birmingham today (Weds 17 May) − and West Midlands
Police has underlined its support for the project with a £5,000
More News Stories
The Police and Crime
Commissioner must ensure an efficient and effective police
force in our area.
They set the priorities for the Force, decide the budget, and
hold the Chief Constable to account.
In order to fulfil these roles, the PCC has a range of powers
and responsibilities, including:
- The production of a Police and Crime Plan
- Setting the policing precept
- The appointment and, if necessary, the dismissal the Chief
- Can make Crime and Disorder Reduction Grants
- Oversight in how complaints against the police are managed
- Duties relating to national criminal threats, safeguarding of
children, and consulting the public
- Roles in ensuring the effectiveness of the wider criminal